For workers who require protection from COVID-19 while working in dangerous areas with threats of fire or arc flash, the CarbonX® Defender Masks provide a safe solution for both.
At Tex Tech Industries, we’ve added CarbonX® Defender Masks to our line of flame-resistant (FR) PPE to provide the protection industrial workers need. These masks are reusable, comfortable, washable, and offer superior protection against most common industrial hazards.
The CarbonX® Defender Mask
At CarbonX®, we strive to do our part to provide protection in applications where safety is of the utmost importance. Our FR Defender Masks are created from breathable, non-flammable CarbonX® fabric front covering backed with a non-woven filter made from polyester. All masks are customizable with your company logo. We offer two different mask varieties:
CarbonX® Defender Mask 1
The CarbonX® Defender Mask 1 offers the following features:
- High breathability at 50 cfm
- Captures 65% of particulates larger than 0.3 microns (±10%)
- Three-layer construction: Two layers of non-flammable CarbonX® TK-60 knit (front and back covering) and a single layer of 6 oz polyester non-woven filter media (middle layer)
- Machine washable, hand washing recommended with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution
- Air drying recommended
CarbonX® Defender Mask 2
The CarbonX® Defender Mask 2 provides the following:
- Breathability at 37 cfm
- Captures 75% of particulates larger than 0.3 microns (±10%)
- Three-layer construction: Single layer of non-flammable CarbonX® 6 oz non-woven (front covering), single layer of 6 oz polyester non-woven filter media (middle layer), single layer of 3.5 oz 100% hypoallergenic cotton (back covering)
- NAFTA/USMCA compliant
- Hand washable with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution
- Air drying recommended
For comparison purposes, the N95 mask offers 95% particulate filtration and breathability of 32 cfm. Of note, the Defender masks are designed for industrial and commercial use and are non-medical grade. The above statistics are the result of in-house testing by Tex Tech and have not yet been verified by an independent third-party.
Wear and Care Instructions for CarbonX®
FR Defender Masks
While wearing a face mask may feel uncomfortable, your own health and the safety of others paramount. In an effort to ensure the proper and safe use of our protective masks, we’ve provided the following wear and care guidelines below.
- Make sure the mask covers your nose almost to the bridge. There is a moldable nosebar. Press it into shape over the bridge of your nose. This will be very helpful for glasses wearers, as it helps to prevent fogging of your lenses.
- Place the top elastic near the crown of your head and then tighten the toggle of the bottom elastic behind your neck. This should create a good amount of snugness. If you have long hair, a ponytail will also help with fit.
- Keep your mask on! This is important as it prevents contamination of your mask. Excessive handling of your mask increases risk of germ spread.
- Thoroughly spray both sides of the mask with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and hang to dry, OR
- Soak your mask in warm water and antibacterial soap or dish soap. Rinse well. Place between layers of a clean towel to remove excess water (DO NOT twist or wring), and hang to air dry.
- Store mask in an airtight resealable bag between uses. For best performance, limit hand washing of a mask to no more than 10 times, then discard and replace.
Your mask has been carefully packed and does not need to be washed prior to wearing. The CarbonX® Defender Mask 1 is machine washable, but hand washing is recommended. DO NOT machine dry. DO NOT machine wash or dry the CarbonX® Defender Mask 2.
Flame-Resistant Personal Protective Equipment From CarbonX® by Tex Tech
At CarbonX®, we specialize in the fabrication of high-performance, flame-resistant PPE for use in even the harshest environments. CarbonX® products are designed not only for maximum protection, but maximum comfort. Our lightweight, flexible fabrics dry quickly and are soft to the touch, which is highly important for masks intended to be worn for long periods. We hope that our line of FR Defender Masks will help to keep industrial workers safe during this trying time.
For more information about CarbonX® Defender Masks, please contact Adam Mitchell at email@example.com. For more information about CarbonX® or our products and services, please contact us.