Tex Tech is a premier designer and manufacturer of specialty textiles and fabrics for a wide range of industries and niche applications. We are dedicated to providing superior-quality materials for OEMs and end-users in the defense, aerospace, automotive, medical, personal protection, filtration, high-performance, sports, and industrial sectors. Our dedicated team leverages cutting-edge technology and decades of experience to develop state-of-the-art material science-driven solutions to meet modern challenges.
From the beginning, Tex Tech has distinguished itself as an industry leader at the forefront of textile research, development, and manufacturing. As a provider of innovative high-performance needle and woven felt products, we have established a reputation with our customers as the go-to company for particularly demanding applications. We work closely with our customers to develop cutting-edge textile solutions to meet and exceed the most stringent customer specifications and industry standards.
Our journey began in 1904 when we began creating needle-punched nonwoven textiles for a variety of industries. Tex Tech has continued to expand its technical capabilities through strategic acquisitions of companies and technologies that are focused on demanding applications. In 2014, we acquired Universal Carbon Fibers (UCF) and Chapman Innovations. The UCF acquisition added the ability to stretch-break, spin OPAN yarns and weave those yarns into fabrics for use in the automotive wet friction and hydrogen fuel cell battery markets. The Chapman acquisition added the CarbonX product line and fabrics designed to protect from heat and fire. By 2017, Tex Tech had taken Saertex 3D weaving technology under its wing, further extending our capabilities to include 3D woven materials. In 2019 we acquired the coating and lamination division of Highland Industries, which allowed us to create a full line of laminated and coated fabrics for highly-specialized and demanding applications in the aerospace and defense, medical, and automotive markets. In addition, this acquisition added a world-class analytical lab that allows material science-driven solutions for our products, processes, and developments. Since our beginnings, our company has expanded on a global scale, distributing more than 7,000 products across the world.
Innovation at Tex Tech
Tex Tech Brands
- CarbonX. Our CarbonX line features personal protective equipment (PPE) and fire-resistant fabrics for outstanding fire protection. Our extensive selection of fire-retardant and thermal insulation, thermal-protective fabrics, and non-flammable materials are ideal for aerospace, defense, industrial, law enforcement, and other industries.
- MatrixFR. Our MatrixFR line of flame-resistant protective fabrics is specifically designed to protect users from flame, heat, and electrical current while maintaining a high degree of flexibility.
- OASIS. Our moisture-absorbent product line, OASIS is created to swell upon contact with moisture to prevent further leakage. They are ideal for preventing moisture intrusion into electrical wiring, cables, and equipment.
- CoreFX. CoreFX inherently flame-resistant fabrics are designed to provide excellent technical performance properties within your garment and maintain comfort to provide the highest level of protection and manage heat stress.
- Panotex. Our Panotex Industrial fabrics are designed for exceptional durability and reduced heat transfer.
- HiFlex®. This angle-induced fabric features filling yarn at an induced 110-118° angle, with aligned warp yarn that prevents unwanted stretch. These fabrics are ready for the polymer application step and are ultimately used in the construction of power transmission belts.
- HiFlex Advantage®. Eliminate bias-cutting, turning, and seam overlap with ready-to-use Hi-Flex® Advantage fabric. Our proprietary product eliminates process steps for our customers and delivers a ready-to-use “wrap or jacket” fabric for power transmission belts.