Laminated fabrics are two or more materials bonded together with an adhesive to create a composite material with a layered structure. Compared to plain fabric, laminated fabrics provide greater tensile strength and improved durability. They can also be customized to provide additional benefits, such as flame retardance, air holding, or water resistance.
Tex Tech creates laminated fabrics using woven, non-woven, and knit textiles, with TPU, PVC, aluminized, PVDC and many other films. The film is applied to the textile using either an adhesive or thermal application method. Depending on the intended application, fabric slitting can be performed as a finishing service. The resulting final product is a layered composite that provides enhanced durability and reliable performance in demanding applications.
Industries We Serve
Since laminated fabrics can be produced using several types of textiles and films, they are highly versatile products. As a global leader in high-performance materials, Tex Tech creates laminated fabric solutions for many key industries, including:
- Aerospace: We create laminated fabrics as part of thermal protection systems on aircraft. We also manufacture fabrics used in FAA life vests, escape slides and rafts, and liquid storage bladders.
- Defense: We produce laminated fabrics used in a multitude of military applications including Navy life rafts, heat sealable soft armor packets, stuff sacks for the modular sleep system, g-suit bladders, dry-bag fabrics, MOLLE laser-cut replacement materials, as well as many other potential uses. Our military-grade fabric, PunctureX, is puncture-proof, flexible, and durable for use in boot soles.
- Medical: Medical-grade laminated fabrics are ideal for air-holding applications—like blood pressure cuffs, pressure infusor bags, inflatable beds and medical devices, etc.
- Sports and recreation: Our laminated fabrics are also useful in recreational settings, such as SCUBA buoyancy compensators, life vests, rafts, and sporting pads.
Applications of Laminated Fabrics
Laminated textiles can be used to create composites that combine the best attributes of each individual raw material into a blended system. For example you can combine an extremely durable woven fabric with a waterproof film and add a soft knit for comfort. The combined composite provides the best qualities of each of the components into the ideal material.
Other applications include:
- Tarpaulins, coverings, and tents
- Heat sealable ballistic covers
- Anti-G bladders
- Dry bags
- SCUBA buoyancy compensators
- Safety vests and life vests
- Escape slides
- Aluminized fabrics for radiant heat protection
- Medical devices
- Personal protective equipment
Laminated Fabrics From Tex Tech
With manufacturing facilities that span North America and Europe,Tex Tech is an industry leader in creating high-performance materials. Over the last 100 years of experience, we have been developing the most advanced textile solutions for our customers. We offer material science driven solutions for the world’s most challenging applications.
Contact us today to learn more about our laminated fabrics, or request a quote to get started on your solution.